If you lost your card and have now got a replacement, it will need to be activated before it can be used. When it’s activated, all balances and allowance settings will be automatically moved across to the new Osper Card.
Please note: The parent/guardian who registered the Osper Card will need to activate the card. The new card will have a new PIN number and the previous card will be completely cancelled.
The very first transaction needs to be made using chip and PIN.
For added security, after every 5 contactless transactions or after £135 is spent in contactless transactions, you will now be prompted to make the next transaction using chip and pin. This means that if your card is lost or stolen and not locked in time, there is a limit to how much can be spent using contactless.
Activating a new Osper Card
To activate the replacement card, follow these steps:
- Open up the Osper app on your mobile phone or tablet and tap the Activate a Card button at the bottom
- Log in with the parent username and password. Your username is normally your email address, if you’ve forgot your password just tap the Forgot Password button for a password reset.
- Enter in the numbers and letters from the back of the Osper card. This is the 8 digit number and 3 letters in the top right of the back of the Osper card. If you have a Nickelodeon card, use the account number you find on the back of the card after "Account:"
- Your card will be immediately be activated and can be used in shops, for cash withdrawals and online. Please make sure you have enabled online spending or contactless if you wish to use that service. The very first transaction needs to be made using chip and PIN.
- Your new card will have a new PIN, you can view the PIN at any time by using the 'PIN Reminder' button in the Osper App. You can also change the PIN number by taking it to a high street bank cash machine and pressing pin services.