Osper is a pre-paid debit card service for young people, designed to encourage children to learn to manage money in a safe environment.
Our values are fully focused on young people. We deeply believe in our mission to empower young people to be more confident and to manage money responsibly. We have developed a card which has a number of features, most of which are unique to Osper, designed to make spending as safe as possible for under-18s.
Here are some of the ways in which we've tried to build something young people and parents love:
- Easy, safe setup – You can get up and running in under two minutes, from mobile or web. Fraud and identity checks are done in real time, meaning no branch visits! (Though occasionally we may need a further form of ID).
- One app, two logins – A secure banking app with separate logins for both parents and young people to manage the same Osper Card. Parents can manage and load money for multiple children through one app and young people can manage money themselves with the tools built for them.
- Automatic allowance with alerts – Set up an automatic monthly Osper Allowance to encourage budgeting and get alerts whenever the allowance is loaded.
- Instant loading – Parents can instantly load money from their debit card onto their child’s Osper Card, meaning a young person will never be without money in an emergency.
- Monitoring spends – Instantly check balances and monitor transactions and get Osper Alerts by text when a transaction is declined due to insufficient funds or security reasons.
- Limits and category blocking – Osper Cards have in-built spend limits and also automatically block certain adult categories such as pubs and online gambling sites.
- Card lock – Simple card lock function both young people and parents can use directly from the app to block all purchases if an Osper Card is lost or stolen.
- No overdrafts – Young people can only spend the money the money that’s been loaded onto their Osper Card - it’s not a credit card.
- Our mission – Most importantly we're committed to building a tool that's useful for young people and families. So if you think we're missing something, just ask! We'll definitely listen.
The Osper Prepaid Debit Card is issued by IDT Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license from Mastercard International. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International. IDT Financial Services Limited is a regulated bank, licensed by the Financial Services Commission, Gibraltar. Registered Office: 57-63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. Registered No. 95716. All communications should be sent to Osper, Office 13 Telfords Yard, E1W 2BS.